Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Prayer 4 Today

Prayer 4 Today

Jesus, it is when we are emptied of our comforts, our surroundings, and those things which we daily take for granted that we begin to think about the eternal issues of our lives.  I pray for those who are grieving the loss of family members, friends, neighbors, their property and their occupations in the midst of this destructive hurricane.  Though it has left great destruction to the people and structures in its path, I look forward to hearing many stories of Your miracle working power in the lives of those affected and those giving aid.  How I pray for protection for the volunteers and workers who are attempting to rescue those in harm's way.  May the hearts of those who face great losses in this devastating storm experience much greater gains by finding Christ as their personal Savior.  May they come to recognize and follow the voice of our Great Shepherd, as Jesus told His listeners, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hands."  Thank You, Jesus, that in the midst of loss and devastation, those who trust in You have a salvation that is steadfast and imperishable.

Thank you Lord, AMEN

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment