Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thank You, my Lord

Roses




Thank You, my Lord

I asked God for some water to ease my thirst,
He gave me rivers, the rain, lakes and also the sea…

I asked God for many songs to delight my ears
And through sound of nature I heard birds singing…

I asked God for many spectacles to my entertainment
And He showed me the sunset enchantments…

I asked God for a mansion to realize an old dream
And the Lord embraced me in his friendly arms…

I asked God to keep me company so I don’t have to be alone…
He gave me friends, and the affection of my family…

I asked God for some medicine to ease my pain
He filled my life of pleasure and love…

A asked God for the return of all beings who left us alone
He showed that souls remain among us…

I have nothing, in short, that ask You, my Lord,
Because You are realizing my deepest dreams…
You provided the Earth with all good I need
And that my soul needs… it is for all infinity!

©Oriza Martins

No comments:

Post a Comment